The Foundation of Lady Katherine Leveson
Lady Katherine Housing & Care
- What is a Privacy Statement
A Privacy Statement explains what information we hold about you, why we hold it and how we protect it for you.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s
possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Where we collect your information
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you on assessment or on application for a flat and whilst delivering your care
- on entering into a contract or agreement with yourself / your family member
- from medical professionals dealing with you / your family member’s medical needs
- from Solihull MBC social and residential care professionals
- information required to support you / your family during your stay at Lady Katherine Housing & Care
As you will be aware the information we collate about you is available for you to view in your / your family members care plan documents.
In addition, we hold information on staff currently working or who have worked at Lady Katherine Housing & Care which is collected during the recruitment process and subsequently to be able to administer your employment including your pension.
- The type of information we collect and hold
The personal information we hold on you will be relevant to the care services we provide for you or your relative, including:
- name, address, phone numbers and e mail for both you and your next of kin and family contacts
- your daily care needs,
- medication and prescriptions,
- medical appointments and treatment information
- payment details
For staff, this information would also include Inland Revenue details, employment history, DBS details and information collected during your employment with the Foundation.
- How we use your information and who we share your information with
Primarily, we will use the information to ensure you or your family member receives the best possible care here at Lady Katherine Housing & Care. This will involve maintaining our regulatory, statutory and financial records.
We will use your information and contact details to inform you of news, events, activities, fundraising and services that may be of interest to you related to Lady Katherine Housing & Care, the charity of the Foundation of Lady Katherine Leveson and the Temple Balsall community unless you specifically ask us not to.
We may share your personal information with DBS checked volunteers, care professionals including doctors, nurses and other practising medical and social care professionals to ensure your wellbeing. Where possible we will also consult with yourself or your next of kin / family member.
- How long do we keep your information
We keep your information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. This will vary depending on the type of information. We are governed by our legal requirements for keeping historical care records and statutory financial information. Also, our insurance company requires a minimum period of time for care records and legal contracts to be kept in our secure storage.
- Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data which the Foundation holds about you;
- Request that the Foundation correct any personal data found to be incorrect or inaccurate;
- Be removed from any communications relating to information on news, events, activities, fundraising and services related to Lady Katherine Housing & Care, the charity of the Foundation of Lady Katherine Leveson and the Temple Balsall community.
- Contact Details
If you have any queries on this information then please direct your query in the first instance to The Care Manager for queries on Lady Katherine Housing & Care and the Bailiff for queries on The Foundation of Lady Katherine Leveson.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via e mail https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.