For our latest up-to-date vacancies please contact our Co-ordinator Chris Mundell on: 01564 772415
Henry VIII gave the manor of Temple Balsall to his last wife, Queen Catherine Parr, and eventually it came to Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester and later to his grand-daughters, Lady Anne Holbourne, and her sister Lady Katherine Leveson.
Lady Katherine Leveson died in 1674. Under the terms of her will she left a bequest to erect 20 almshouses.
The first residents moved in five years later and we have been offering care to older people from that time.
Originally built by William Hulbutt at a cost of £960, the almshouses were substantially rebuilt during the early 18th centrury.
At Lady Katherine Housing and Care we provide a secure and caring environment which meets the individual needs of each resident.
All our accommodation includes single and double occupancy appartments for both men and women.
We have 29 residential apartments, some of which are in the Courtyard and some in the former Master’s House. Many have sperate sitting rooms and all have en-suite facilities.
The 16 sheltered housing apartments ( independant living), are grouped around the historic countyard. All have a sitting room, a fitted kitchen, a wet room and 1 or 2 bedrooms.
Our apartments have beautiful views of our gardens and/or the courtyard.
All accommodation is connected to our in-house call system for whenever assistance is required.
“Our mission and purpose is to offer care, comfort, nurture, respect and dignity within an environment which is both safe and stimulating”